This is a unique event in Shrewsbury, with experts in paediatric sport and exercise science presenting on multiple aspects of youth strength, fitness, and injury prevention. All of our speakers work at the highest levels in elite sport, leading on world, Olympic, and Paralympic level programmes, as well as leading on national junior programmes giving them up to date and relevant information to pass on to our conference attendees.
We will use a combination of presentations and practicals to provide invaluable information, while also demonstrating how we can apply this information to young people’s physical activity and sporting environments. This conference is for PE teachers, sports coaches, and parents who want to develop their knowledge of youth development, movement, strength, fitness, and injury prevention.
- Growth, Maturation & Development – Implications to PE & Sport
- Benefits of Strength Training for Young People – Dispelling the Myths
- Fundamental Movement Skills & Global Movement Patterns
- Producing Robust Young People – How to reduce injuries long term
- Ashley Downing BSc MSc ASCC – Lead Performance Coach for the Great Britain Archery Olympic, Paralympic, and Junior Programmes, Head of Strength & Conditioning for Scottish Rugby’s U16-U20 Internationals in England and Owner of Salopia Health & Performance. Ash is the only UKSCA accredited coach in Shrewsbury and has a Masters Degree in Applied Sport & Exercise Science.
- Jonny Bucke BSc MSc MCSP MMACP – Lead Physiotherapist for the Great Britain Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Senior & Junior Squads, highlights include working at several World Championships and Commonwealth Games. Jonny previously worked at Reading FC and has a Masters Degree in Advanced Manipulative Physiotherapy.
- Danny Wilson BSc MSc ASCC – Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach to multiple professional boxers, accolades include supporting multiple world title fights including boxers such as Kell Brook, Jamie McDonnell, Gavin McDonnell and current Commonwealth Champion Jordan Gill. Danny is also a regional strength & conditioning coach for England Golf and has a Masters Degree in Applied Sport & Exercise Science.
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE AWAY?
- Information pack with further information, print out’s, and local services you can access to incorporate more relevant strength and fitness training
- Exercises and ideas of how to incorporate some of this training into your PE or sports sessions
- Further understanding of youth athletic development and how this will impact on their future lives
- Learn how to introduce an effective bang for buck warm up strategy to provide more opportunities for young people to work on movement, balance, and speed
Conference Date – 18th March 2019 – 5.00-8.30pm
Location – Salopia Health & Performance, Hotspur Park, Shrewsbury, SY1 3FF
Cost – £35 per person, £30 per person for group bookings.
You might also want to check out our other services such as youth strength & fitness, physiotherapy & sports rehab, sports performance coaching, personal training, adult group classes, and more.